Direct mail and EDDM – best practices for a successful campaign
Direct Mail and EDDM is still a top tactic to reach your prospects and build your client base. But there are a few do’s and don’ts, and we have compiled a few of the things to keep in mind to increase the success rate of your mailout.
Give us a call or email us for additional help with your direct mail campaign.
Know who your target audience is…it will determine the content and design
- Customize – utilize the technology available and customize each piece to your clients. Add their name, give them a specific color or message, based on the data from your mailing list. It’s a great way to personalize each piece!
- Design – be unique and true to your brand and culture. Make your mail piece eye catching and use high quality images
- Use a catchy headline
- Include an exclusive offer and clear and compelling CTA (Call-to-action)
- Give a deadline to respond
- Be VERY CLEAR on how prospect clients should respond. Give them options
Make sure your list is fresh and from a reputable source
Timing is everything…be sure to plan when your campaign will be dropped in the mail boxes. Targeted mail will take longer than an EDDM
Add a PURL, trackable phone number, QR code or coupon code so you can track your responses
Repeat your campaign to the same prospects but with a different message to determine which strategy works best
Use recycled material whenever you can. And don’t forget to HAVE FUN!